Thursday, December 13, 2007

Yes, hello Moscow! How ARE you?

What a cheery mob those Russians are! What a lust for life, or "rassa sayang" as we say in Indonesian class. The incessant snow fall, after-effects of communism, karaoke - it's all there in Mockba and then some!

Armed with a lovely set of cabin crew, we made the 5 hour plus journey from the sandpit to the snowpit with smiles on our faces and warmth in our hearts. And when we got there I was in heaven. I had been in snow before but not while it was actually falling. Nor had I been in temperatures that cold possibly ever. I LOVED it.



The trip on the crew bus to the hotel was painful to say the least. Over two hours of layover eaten up by the rush hour Moscowian traffic. From there however it was all systems go. 30 minutes to change into winter woolies, and onto the subway. Next stop: Red Square.





Removing all sarcasm and wit and being flat out honest, it was one of the most wonderful places I have ever seen. Stunning architecture, falling snow, Christmas spirit in the air. Even the crew who had seen it before were a little gob smacked about how amazing it was. I think I'll let the pictures speak for themselves.







(view from my hotel room the next morning - joyous!)

And from Moscow it was a quick night flight back to Dubai, a few hours sleep before driving to Abu Dhabi for my first Etihad experience to Brisbane, but more on that in the next post...

No comments: