Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Give the boy his wings!

ONLINE meaning 1) being on an actual line, eg. string, cocaine, clothes; 2) on the internet (col.); 3) getting ripped from training college and thrown on an aircraft with a vague recollection of how things are actually done in business class.

This was the predicament I found myself in (option 3 that is) on Saturday just gone. I was scheduled for Glasgow, but found the idea of Malta a little more enticing. Yes, we stop on Larnaca, Cyprus, both ways. But it is worth it. The hotel is perfectly in reach of the beach, the clubs, the restaurants, the movies, and Maccas! I LOVE this country!

It was cold and wet when I got there so I took in a Quentin Tarantino movie I had been desperate to see. This was immediately followed by dinner with a very uninterested crew. I have never had to try so hard to start a conversation before! One exception being the lovely Kemi who was one of my very own angels (see below). It was strange being her trainer one minute and her colleague the next!

Dinner was followed by 12 vodka/red bull shots in a bar with the few men standing, and by the end of it, as evidenced in the picture below, I was well and truly ready for bed!

12 hours later.....

Time for a brief walk around the area to digest the hotel buffet breakfast and kill some of the three hour delay we had due to fog at Dubai airport. I really love this place and look forward to coming back for a holiday some time soon....

Sumi Masen ;-)


On ground in Larnaca. I couldn't resist the feeling of fresh air, cool breeze and sunshine - so I  jumped on the stairs ramp for some happy snaps. The ones of me were definitely not fit for blog consumption...

Crappy weather on arrival (think Geelong in July) but SO happy to be there!


and now they're all very empty... oh my head!




and finally, the empty economy class on the way home. Oh, to be in economy again!

I have just applied for the Senior Flight Steward program, which is the person in charge of each cabin during the flight (one step below the Purser) so I find out in the next month or so if I get it. I'm hoping all that report writing being a trainer will get me over the line!

2 comments:

The Flying Kiwi said...

in an ode to you know who - all i have to say is; SUMI MASEN!

Anonymous said...

MLA IS TERRIBLE.