Friday, December 07, 2007

All hail ye olde Emirates Towers. Hear ye, hear ye!

I'm very lucky to have the accommodation I do working for Emirates. Crew are spread out over 30-40 buildings throughout Dubai, some obviously better than others. For some the attraction is space and extra bedrooms - a luxury which comes at a price as most of these larger apartments are in the middle of nowhere ie. desert! And then for folk like me, there is the wonders of Sheikh Zayed Rd. Slightly smaller, slightly older apartments located right in the heart of the action. My building, UP Tower (pronounced You-Pee Tower) is one of Dubai's most iconic buildings and situated next to the architecturally stunning Emirates Towers. Therefore getting a taxi to take you home is a piece of cake!

Here is my blog tribute to the Towers.... December 2nd was UAE National Day, and they really went to town!



To compare, I took some photos of the Emirates Towers and UP, on the foggiest day of the year (a few weeks ago). There was major chaos on the roads and at the airport with many flights cancelled or diverted to Abu Dhabi, Doha and Muscat. I drove Marcos to the airport that morning as he was going home to Sao Paulo, and when I went back to get him (after the flight was cancelled) you couldn't see more than ten metres in front of the car in the middle of the morning!

Here are some before and after shots taken just three hours apart!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello I'd like to congratulate you for such a terrific quality forum!
Was thinking this would be a nice way to make my first post!

Sincerely,
Monte Phil
if you're ever bored check out my site!
[url=http://www.partyopedia.com/articles/winnie-the-pooh-party-supplies.html]winnie the pooh Party Supplies[/url].

Anonymous said...

Hello. My wife and I bought our house about 6 months ago. It was a foreclosure and we were able to get a great deal on it. We also took advantage of the 8K tax credit so that definitely helped. We did an extensive remodeling job and now I want to refinance to cut the term to a 20 or 15 year loan. Does anyone know any good sites for mortgage information? Thanks!

Mike