Monday, December 10, 2007

Tennis, anyone?

Well everyone knows I like to dabble in the odd game of tennis. If it weren't for not going to the gym, watching tv, shopping and being a hard core facebook addict, I'd play a lot more. So many demands on my time!

Speaking of all things game, set and match, the Champion's Tour recently made a stop in this fair city. Basically, once the best players are forced to retire due to injury and old age etc, they have the option to play in the Seniors events. It's a little bizarre in that they're still usually under 40 and better than half the world's top 100, but Seniors slash Champions we shall call them.

My friend Locky and I made a quick decision to buy tickets and go watch the semi finals a few weekends ago. Paul Haarhuis v Michael Stich and the marquee match, Jim Courier v Thomas Muster. Was a lot of fun, and well worth the measly 60 dhs ($17)  admission - sitting 4 rows from centre court!



Locky and I getting fired up with the crowd. Dubai is getting into tennis more and more, which is noice I feel.

The pre game entertainment was no Delta Goodrem, but was still pretty impressive... and then Michael Stich (closest) got thumped by Paul Haarhuis from the Netherlands.


THOMAS MUSTER 
lost to
JIM COURIER 


1 comment:

bluecollar said...

haven't played tennis long time ago since my tennis buddy already went home for good. now, looking for someone i can play with. if you r interested, we can meet and play...tks