Saturday, May 12, 2007

No thanks, just having a look!

Borders. Marks and Spencer. Woolworths. HMV. Waterstones. WH Smith. John Lewis. The Perfume Shop.

What do these stores have in common apart from being among my favourite places to part with pounds in the UK?

If you guessed a) Daniel didn't part with ANY pounds in ANY of these stores on his latest UK layover, you'd be spot on!

In the latest miracle soon to be recognised by the Pope, I didn't spend any money on anything apart from basic food for the second layover in a row! Anyone who knows me well and guessing that would be most of my 170 odd weekly readers, it is a huge feat for this little spend-a-holic! They don't call me drowning-in-debt Daniel for nothing!

It was wet, windy and otherwise wonderful in Birmingham. Light passenger loads, my first time operating the business class galley, and an excellent change from Dubai's 40 degree, 100% sunshine policy!


Nothing like waiting another half an hour outside a dirty wet airport for the crew bus to lift one's business-battered spirits!

Looking and feeling like crap, especially compared to the beautiful Mariela from Bulgaria! And later...shopping (but spending nothing) with the incomparable Holly! My umbrella was no match for the British wind that day!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Have you turned a corner, or just plain broke? Either way, I'm sometimes too scared to answer private numbers on the phone - is there anyway you could flag the call ahead of times? just a thought.
oh, and I have to watch prisonbreak on tele now... not that that's any concern of yours