Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Whole green capsicum?

Let's look at the positives: I have now finished reserve for another seven months.
Let's look at the negatives: I have flown four, yes four, times in the last 35 days, which means plenty of time to galavant around, just no money in which to galavant in my usual OTT style...

The upshot of all this: Eight consecutive days off ending today resulting in the following musical montage. It's actually not musical as such. Maybe if you hum or whistle it could be. Or play the fiddle.


First stop: Dinner Club got off to a good start at Seville's Spanish restaurant at Wafi City. Crew get 50% off the bill which makes it even sweeter. Evidently I was the only one who really enjoyed my food. Here I am with Caio and Nicole. Lara, Ben and Kelly were also attendees...


Second stop: Dinner with the newest gang in town. My gang I mean there's three of us. More of a posse than a gang...and we don't carry knives on our person. This time Nicole, Marcos and I are at Sezzam in the Mall of the Emirates, overlooking the indoor ski slope. Yes it really exists!


Next on the agenda: Daniel gets a UAE driving license and then a few days later....

Daniel drives for the first time! Very scary and strange to drive in the left hand side of the car on the right hand side of the road but I am practising hard thanks to Marcos' and soon Nicole's vehicles and I'll be gunning it to training college in no time! Which brings me to my final photo:


Don't ask questions, just go with it. Dinner at a Lebanese restaurant in Dubai is many things. Cheap and tasty are but two of those things. The plate of raw uncut vegetables is another thing all together. Why? That's right, it's best not to ask...

Now, off to Birmingham!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I read, therefore I am.
so how bout that fiddle and raw vegetables and posse and indoor ski slope.
put it all together and you're skating on thin ice with your racist views. Don't know what I'm talkin about? oh yes you do.
or do you
do
you