Saturday, March 17, 2007

Back in business: WESTLIFE!

Shakespeare had Gwyneth Paltrow, Leonardo had Kate Winslet, I evidently, have Westlife. I'm all for original, innovative music (this month's flavour is MIKA's Grace Kelly) but I'm also very much in favour of being serenaded with rehashed classics by four well above-average looking Irish lads - and I have basically felt this way since 1999 with no signs of abating. I pledge to stand and defend them in the face slash barrage of criticism I recieve for feeling the way I do, and for parting with my hard earned dirhams every time they release so much as a souvenir toilet paper holder. So you can more or less imagine my unbridled excitement when they announced there first ever Australian tour last year! For whatever reason (and don't anyone suggest poor ticket sales!) they postponed from last September until February 28th this year. I call it the centrepiece of my vacation. Others may call it lunacy. For the loyal who have stuck with The Jube Eye, this will be your second Westlife pictorial (after June last year) and may it not be your last!

To Jodie, Alissa, Shannon, Mal and Dan who braved the lonely path with me and 5000 other mostly fat, old women, THANKYOU!


The obligatory pre-show beverage with Jodie in the pink, Shannon and Alissa. I was doing my level best to get them in the mood and I think largely succeeded...




The boys went all out and we loved it! It wasn't the full version of the show that the UK gets, but still pretty great and hope they put the wind in my sail again next year!

No comments: