Sunday, July 02, 2006

Flying with and/or without wings

I'm feeling very much like a character off 'Friends' at the moment. I'm sitting in a coffee shop at Dubai airport waiting for a potential flight to Brisbane to spend my days off, I'm drinking a cappucino (yes, I do coffee now!), and I'm using my laptop on the wi-fi connection! Did someone order a YUPPIE!!!

I arrived not even 4 hours ago from my London flight, raced home, got changed, repacked my bag and back to the airport. I'm on standby for the Emirates flight to Brisbane though it's very full and I'm doubtful of making it. So back up plan is the Emirates flight to Singapore, then a Qantas flight to Brisbane which is looking much more probable at this stage. I have another hour to kill before the big bad man at the staff check-in counter tells me my fate. No doubt some of you will see me in the flesh before I have a chance to get back on here and let you know how it all panned out.

But enough about staff travel and airports - we are all here for one thing only! WESTLIFE! The lads from Sligo, Ireland certainly did not disappoint. It was a perfect evening in the grounds of Blenheim Palace outside of London. Always figured it rained in England, but it was my perfect day and the weather gods complied. They opened with 'Flying Without Wings' and overall performed about 25 songs. Highlights were 'World Of Our Own', a mash up of 'She's Back' with 'Billie-Jean', a cool remix of 'Don't Cha' by the Pussycat Dolls, and of course the massive finale when they bowed out to 'You Raise Me Up.' I went with Emma, one of the other cabin crew who was equally obsessed, and she batted her eyes at the security guards who let her up the front to get me some awesome pctures. Kudos also to Troy, a Canadian fan we met on the train who gave me some of his pictures as well. Hope you enjoy! :)


Blenheim Palace, and myself with Emma (our 'arrival at the venue' photo)


The crowd files in, the boys come out, and the concert begins!


Nicky, Shane, Kian and Mark










REALLY couldn't resist this one ;)






The big finale - You Raise Me Up!


Emma and I in our official 'It's all over, but we loved every second' photo

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

good grief.
mind you, the photos were good.

Anonymous said...

where's the photo where he drops his pants all the way??

Daniel Watson said...

wouldn't it be good!?!?! we saw his playboy undies and then the act was over :(