Wednesday, May 10, 2006

We here at the GrindStone wish to welcome you back Mr Watson.... Enjoy your stay!

Time to get excited by the blog again! I am finally back in Dubai for the long haul after my 3-week holiday and then 9-day working trip to Brisbane and Singapore. It actually feels really good to be back - better than I thought it would. Dubai is sweltering at the moment and it's only going to get worse. Today it's sunny, a little hazy, and a cool 39 degrees!! Hits you nice and hard when you go outside! Nicole and I are going to Wild Wadi Water Park today (it's like Wet n Wild) and apparently its only 25dhs or $9 for Emirates Crew to go there so we'll soon see.... I have a couple of days off now, and on Friday I'm going to either Rome or Osaka, probably Rome. The rest of my roster is a little up in the air (no pun intended) but I do know that I am doing the Brisbane flight again from May 24 to June 1 (I'll be in Brisbane from the 26th to the 30th).

Thought I'd share some pictures of my trip. I was joined on my Singapore/Brisbane trip by friend Chantal from Malta, so she features in a lot of the photos.

I'll also be updating a lot more often from now on, just like in the old days! Enjoy, and PLEASE feel free to post a comment or two.



Hanging out with Beetle



My Dad and I on my last night in Geelong



My evening of posing with family members continues! Deb, my lovely WSM



AND NOW FOR PICTURES TAKEN DURING THE 2nd PART OF MY TRIP, WHILE I WAS "WORKING"



The view of Singapore from my hotel room at the Carlton. It was taken around 5pm during a rain storm.



By the creek in Singapore where we had dinner on our first night



Chantal opposite moi at dinner



Chantal and I getting ready to do the bungy bullet ride at Singapore (right after dinner!) I am extremely nervous at this point!



And UP we go!



On the beach at Surfers Paradise with Chantal last Friday



Dinner with the crew in Brisbane's Sofitel... Joining us were my friends Mitch, Paul and Drew

2 comments:

Jonny&Dan said...

am so jealous mr watson.... thankyou for your comments on our page, you seem to live the life though, always something new! well, we are happy in little old ireland, working away. hope you are well and happy, ammildly envious o you right now, you seem to be living a dream..... take care mister D2 x

Daniel Watson said...

Dream, schmream - its still just a job at the end of the day, when all is said and done, (insert cliche here)... Chicken or fish? chicken or fish? Beef?! no sir, chicken or fish?