Saturday, September 29, 2007

Daniel and the City





























Movies and tv shows always show you the glamour and excitement of Manhattan, so I found it quite fascinating to stroll the streets of Brooklyn to experience a different side to New York.

My headache was pounding, I felt like my temperature was taking a little stroll into the mid-forties and I was coughing like I'd just polished off a carton of Marlboro reds for breakfast, but there was no holding me back from a visit to Manhattan...









The Empire State Building and Times Square had me gagging for more, but nothing, and I repeat, NOTHING, gets even close to the tingles I got at the Apple Store on 5th Avenue. They are building one very similar in Sydney opening next year... The lucky ducks!

And finally I crawled up in a ball on the lush lawns of Central Park, my antibiotics and pain relief all but worn off - begging for the gift of teleportation to take me back to the hotel. Alas, I am not Hiro Nakamura, and it was not to be :( But still a wonderful day. I only wish I had company and less deathy radicals in my body...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

dan, ratatoouille was great! i would go with an a-!
i watched a mighty heart the other day, its a must see.

can't believe i keep missing u when u r in town, fly home again soon.

melita x

Unknown said...

Where have you gone. 2 months ave passed