Sunday, March 18, 2007

Back in business: HAPPY BIRTHDAY DANIEL!

What can I say about my 26th birthday last week other than that it was simply great. Unexpectedly fantastic actually. On the night of the 10th I held an impromptu party for my Emirates friends and it turned into a rather large, all night affair. When I said goodbye to the last guest at 7am, it was 3 hours sleep, then straight off to the Dubai Zoo for an afternoon stroll in the sun admiring the inhumanely caged animals - NOICE! It really was pretty sick to see fully grown tigers and gorillas in tiny cement enclosures... As this entry is all about hedomism and birthday fun, I will be saving my world conservation rant for next week!

To throw off the emotion and stress we thought we'd put on our Sunday best and head out to the best place in Dubai - 360. It's out in the ocean next to the famous Burj Al Arab 7-star hotel. It was so great and such an awesome way to end my big day on the 11th. And I looked damn good too :p


Ch'an and Nicole, and with my great friends Ashleigh and Denise...

All of us together.... and as you can see, the alcohol begins to set in!

WIth Andres and Lasandro on the left, Ash and Jess on the right..

Nicole and Toby after an intense bowling match on the Wii... and my wonderful friend and housemate Francky. It was a big shame that our other housemate Jason was flying and couldn't hang out with us that night.

Heading out past the most iconic Dubai landmark and the most amazing hotel in the world!

The second most iconic landmark in Dubai - the Jumeirah Beach Hotel... and Franck and Nicole heading into 360: the venue for our festivities!

The Burj looked amazing as the night progressed - and this was from where we were sitting!

Ann-Maree was out for the count after vodka bottle number two! And this is me not looking that much better with Ann-Maree's bestie Vanessa!

No comments: