Thursday, January 25, 2007

100

Who would have thunk it?! ONE HUNDRED POSTS and counting! Go Jube Eye, GO!

Last night was the longest turnaround I have ever done - 9 hours 47 minutes in the air with more or less no breaks, 385 mostly illiterate Bangladeshis begging for Heinekens and whisky - they don't call Dacca the capital of hell for nothing! They understood no English, they smoked in their seats in front of us, stood up in the aisles as we landed, and one collapsed from WAY too much "whiskey seven" which in civilised terms means a Scotch and Lemonade. His friend who we called to see if he could help him in his own language, just looked at me said: "This is fucked up!" My friend, I couldn't agree more. Bring on my new life in training college!

The saving grace was I got to fly with a superb crew who made all the difference, particularly my friend Vita from Latvia (see Hong Kong post) and a new joiner, Youssef from Lebanon.


The engine's reverse thrusts were still screeching, we're going at around 300 kph and they ALL stood up! - the business girls taking a break in the back row. It was a bit of a glamour flight!

When 48D got cheeky...

With Vita and Youssef - thank God for people like them!

My roster is in for February and it is indeed a winner FINALLY - Singapore/Melbourne 6th - 10th, and Perth 19th-21st being the highlights... not to mention days off for leave at the beginning and end of the month. Scissor Sisters on the 3rd with Nathan, and WESTLIFE on the 28th with Jodie and whoever wants to come and use the spare tickets I have! (brownie points who read this far...)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nicole - Oh man... Im so glad my Dakka flight wasn't that bad!