Saturday, November 25, 2006

Marge! Look! The rains are 'ere!



Last Tuesday, an unsettling cloud hung over the perennially sunny Gulf city of JewBye (is that how you spell it?) and I don't mean the metaphorical morning-after-the-night-before kind of cloud. I'm talking PRECIPITATION peoples! YES, actual droplets of rain gracing us with their presence for the first time since February. Immediately traffic came to a grinding halt because people normally capable of casually cruising at 160 kp/h down Sheikh Zayed Road, couldn't seem to muster the courage to go faster than 50 in what could best be described as a light shower. I was having an incredibly uncharacteristic watching dvds and eating takeout kind of day over at my friend Nena's place (with a MUCH better view than my own) and so out came the camera for some blogging love.


I live in the building at the end on the right with the ballpoint pen-style peak on the top... Apartment 306 if you want to stop by!


Behind the Dusit Hotel on the left (blocked from view) is the construction of the Burj Dubai, the world's tallest building. It is already 86 stories tall and only half it's estimated completed height!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

when I say touchdown, I really meant, "adequate" because they were difficult to hear... everyone was singing the anthem and drowning them out.