Thursday, August 31, 2006

Umm yeah, so a bit stuck for a title here. Oh gee, crap! The pressure! Oh, I have one - MY SISTER AND I IN LONDON, ENGLAND!

Now I know London is becoming a little too regular a feature on my roster - and I'm going back tomorrow! - but last week I was there and caught up with sister Jessica who was traveling with her friends. She was there for 9 days before heading off on a Contiki tour around Europe, and we had a few hours there on the night I was there. I'm trying to get her to join Emirates so she can see the world for free rather than fork out thousands for each overseas trip, but we'll see! Anyway we went to Harrod's, had dinner in an Italian restaurant that left alot to be desired, then went over to Westminster to see Big Ben and the London Eye. It had just closed when we got there but I might try next time. So here are the photos! (I had lent my camera to Patrick for the week - he had his first Brisbane trip - so these were all taken on the mobile phone)

Also a formal and public apology to Sue-Ellen, Mr M. Itchalot, and Mutch for the delay in getting this post out. It can be difficult to get things done in Dubai when you're busy doing nothing!

Hard to believe that Christmas decorations are out in August!
One for Nanna's mantelpiece!


Houses of Parliament and...
...Clock Tower and Big Ben (the name of just the bell inside, not the whole tower as I previosly thought)
Another one for Nanna
London Eye from Westminster Station
Getting arty under the 'Eye' as it oft called by the witty locals!

No comments: