Sunday, April 09, 2006

From Athens to Kuwait, and every disco I get in...




Hey! Just about to get on the plane and fly home! Cannot wait for the next 3-4 weeks!!!! Have been very busy flying this past week so I apologise for the delay in getting some new pics up... these are from my trip to Athens last week (April 2-4) In the last few days I have been on two 'turnarounds' (same day flights) to Kuwait and Alexandria in Egypt flying on Emirates' pride and joy, the Airbus 310! This aircraft, the only one of its kind left in the fleet, is ANCIENT!!! It makes noises on take off and landing that remind you of the opening scenes of LOST! And just walking around the cabin you find loose pieces of plastic that have fallen off somewhere, if only you knew where! Not everyone in the company is special enough to work on the old beast, but my training batch was picked - so every month for the next year I get a couple of 310 flights. Can't wait! Hope you like the pictures!




A small church in one of the town squares.... and me in the door



Outside the Acropolis with Zoe (Scotland) - a fellow economy slave :)



The freaky guards at Parliament House - who knew netball skirts and pom-poms on shoes could look so bad on a man?!!!

No comments: