Saturday, July 07, 2007

About to wet my pants!



Well tomorrow it all begins for real! I'm very nervous even writing this and last night I had my first proper dream that I was in front of all these new faces with nothing to say!

I have been in training to be a trainer for the last five weeks and in the morning at 8am I come face to face with my first official batch of cabin crew - Ab-Initio 1049 as they are collectively known. I was Ab-Initio 809 18 months ago, and now I'm standing at the front not sitting at the back.

I have been through the journey of the last few weeks with Holley (my co-instructor), Belinda and Jeevan and we have all learned a lot from each other and are ready for this new challenge. They have paired us up to teach together rather than putting us with more experienced trainers. I guess it's the sink-or-swim mentality...

Anyway, here are some pictures from my last few weeks being one of 'The Others' :-)


Holley and Jeevan preparing 'Emotional Intelligence' and 'Customer First'

One of our training officers, Kiran, whose job it was to stop us every two minutes to change words, correct mistakes and make us REPEAT!

Daniel had had enough towards the end of the 5 weeks, and this is where we eat lunch every day (though I plan to kiss my lunch breaks goodbye as of tomorrow)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on getting through. What is the picture of the brain all about? Does it show where Indians start forming their spittle?
when are you coming to brisbane again?