Friday, June 15, 2007

Batch 1039, take a bow!



As you are probably aware (due to the fact that I tell anyone who will listen) that I am now well on my way to being a service instructor with Emirates. Yesterday was the graduation ceremony for my first batch of trainees who did me very proud! I was mainly observing the training style of the senior instructors and learning the course content but it was hard to not bond with such a fantastic bunch of young people! Last night we hit Zinc on Sheikh Zayed Rd to celebrate their achievements and I am feeling pretty sorry for myself today! So I thought I would pay my blog some attention and provide some happy snaps from my last two weeks...


My classroom, and the view from the window. If you blow it up (the picture, not the city) you'll see some interesting stuff including the new A380 terminal at Dubai airport...

Inside the cabin service simulator. In July we are moving to a brand new facility next door which will be awesome, apparently...

Emirates Aviation College, and sunset driving home on Sheikh Zayed Rd (for the record, I wasn't driving the vehicle and operating a camera at the same time)

My first batch on Graduation day! So proud! (4 Aussie girls, 3 British girls, 2 Thai girls, 2 Lebanese girls, 1 South African girl, 1 Indian girl, 1 Romanian guy, 1 Filipino guy and 1 Mauritian guy)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Why did you become a service instructor?

Daniel Watson said...

Can't answer someone I don't know I'm afraid! Why do you ask, and more importantly, who are you?

Anonymous said...

I found your journal through another blog while I was searching for more information on life as a flight attendant for your airline. I’m seriously making up my mind if I should apply or not… I asked the above question spontaneously just out of personal curiosity. I didn’t mean to offend you. Sorry! Angi (currently in Switzerland)

Daniel Watson said...

Hi Angi, absolutely no offence taken, just thought it was a random question from an unknown and not sure how I would have replied... You can get me on my email: dp_watson@yahoo.com and we can chat more :) I'm also on Facebook...

Daniel

Anonymous said...

Hi Daniel!
Thanks for you generous offer. Maybe I will send you in the next few days an email with some questions ;-)! Thanks again and have a good evening! Angi