Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Lost in Transit :(


Hello all,

Greetings from Singapore's Changi International Airport where I have now been stuck for almost 24 hours! Ever watched Tom Hanks in 'The Terminal'? Well it's not much different! The flight from Singapore to Dubai (the 2nd leg of the flight I began in Brisbane on Tuesday night) was completely overbooked, and since there were already 14 people on waitlist there was NO hope for me! I was was flying with my friends Leah and Craig and thank God for them or I would have given in to the madness by now! Leah was lucky enough to get on to the Dubai leg as she was on an annual leave ticket, but no so Craig and myself. We checked into the glorious Ambassador Transit Hotel (it's like 3, yes, 3 stars!) and had some much needed sleep. In between we have looked in every shop 5 times, been to Burger King, Subway, Chinese and very soon the bar via the chocolate shop... I searched high and low for a tv playing American Idol which I was informed by Lucy Liu at the transfer desk would be on at 10pm. With less than one minute to go and after a frantic search through terminals one AND two, I found a giant plasma with my name on the seat and was very, very content! Anyway that brings me to now... typing furiously to get this done within my allocated 15 free minutes. Next flight leaves at 2.30am, then 3.30am then 12.30am THE NEXT DAY!!!! We had better get on or I will really lose it!



Stay tuned for more!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey there Daniel, Just wanted to say that My heart goes out to you it really does. I to have been in the same situation as you. Although I had to stay in little india. Also I ended up spendin 1000 USD getting home. That was CGK to SIN with Garuda, then flying SQ to go to PER then using ek to DXB. All was paid at full fare execpt Last leg.

ALL THE BEST MAN...

OSMan