Friday, April 20, 2007

Lost in Transit 3: The Long Road Home

As they say in accounting and plumbing circles: another day, another 24 hours. Singapore WAS one of my favourite cities; now I'm really, really over it. Last night I failed once again to get on an Emirates flight to Dubai and found myself back at Hotel 81. Pulling my hair out at 4am I headed for an internet cafe to research full fare flights on other airlines. All I can say is THANKYOU QANTAS!!!! I have never felt any true emotion for our national carrier until this morning. They are getting me to Perth tonight for only $300 which is more or less a miracle! From there it's (hopefully) only a 6 hour wait til the first Emirates flight of the day, and then in 11-12 hours I should be in my apartment. Sounds too easy, so chances are it won't be... but Schapelle Corby wasn't released from prison because she was negative! Oh, that's right... :(


Raffles Square during the day - I thought I'd take the chance to see some sights, and outside the internet cafe at 5 in the morning after booking my ticket to Perth. Deserted!