Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Like the rhythm, Colombo is gonna get you!

My Nigerian expedition was quickly followed by a journey, a sojourn if you will, to the capital of Sri Lanka. Wild horses slash Tamil Tigers couldn't stop me! Was my first flight operating officially in business class which was more fun than I had expected, and not quite as stressful. I have a LOT to master but the basics are getting there - though they said that about me in kindergarten and my parents are still hopeful! A relaxing stay in an overcooked country, highlighted by multiple episodes of Ugly Betty and Heroes, and a shopping trip to mingle with the locals. Think Myer Boxing Day sale and triple the people whilst halving the size of the store. That's Colombo shopping for you!

The highlight of the whole shebang was flying home in the cockpit via the beautiful Maldives. Take off and landing were simply phenomenal, as partially evidenced in the forthcoming photos....



Surviving the 'House of Fashions' MADNESS! Lucky I had my lovely Polish friend Mariane with me!

An Emirates Boeing 777-300 taking off in front of us in Colombo, probably headed for Jakarta or Singapore, and an aerial view of Colombo shortly after take-off.

What the inside of a VERy turbulent storm looks like from the cockpit... and our first view of the Maldives islands.

Coming into the capital Male (pronounced like Bali) - the tourists were NOT happy their holiday in the sun was to begin in a thunderstorm!

The islands still look beautiful at 20,000 feet in the rain.

No comments: