Friday, December 15, 2006

Getting all churchy again!

I have told very few of you back home but about six weeks ago I finally found a church in Dubai - Emirates Baptist Church. Last night was the annual choir production, so I thought I'd throw up a few pictures for good measure.

Every year people from the church particpate in what is called 'Shoebox Ministry' whereby we fill empty shoeboxes with a set list of items (cologne, toothbrush/paste, soap, hand towel, phone card, chocolate bar) and we Christmas wrap them and give them to the poor labourers who are basically paid nothing to build all of Dubai's amazing landmarks.

I managed to put together 5 boxes with the help of Nicole, Carly (Nicole's housemate) and Jason (my housemate) and today they get sent to the labour camps. I was all set to help distribute them (the Mother Teresa that I am and all...) but Emirates is sending me to Damascus in Syria this morning. JOY!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Baby Jesus may be just about here, but when are you going to be in Brisbane?

Daniel Watson said...

No doubt you will know this before you read this, but I will be on the Sunshine Coast on the 29th and 30th, and Brisbane on the 31st onwards. For how long, I have no idea - I'll find out when my roster is released sometime after Saturday... Mario