Saturday, October 14, 2006

The camel, the straw, the back, the call bell...

What a fun couple of days! After an extended time off with the fam visiting, I was actually semi-excited to get back on a plane! I was off to one of my favourite Emirates destinatons - Munich. The crew were not bad, and managed to latch on to a few guys that seemed like fun, and were up for some (not always easy!) I knew I should have done a bit more sight-seeing and maybe organised a tour, but instead we went into the city centre at Marienplatz and went looking for litres of beer and pork products! We found both quite quickly! And by 'we' I mean First Officer Michael (Brisbane), Ian (Canada) and Peter (Ireland).

I didn't take as many pictures as usual but here is what I did take. The play of the day goes to barmaid Helga, who I snapped in haste as we payed the bill when she wasn't paying attention. I'm very glad she's not my Nanna!


Nanna Helga struts her stuff!


Shots inside the Verulianmarkt


Myself, Michael, Ian and Peter inside the Hofbrauhaus


Kids, can you spell G-L-O-C-K-E-N-S-P-I-E-L?

The flight home was sehr crap! Completely full of non-sleeping, demanding German know-it-alls who managed to press every button there was to press! They knew how to press the call bell, but for some reason were unable to turn on their reading light using the button directly next to it. Then the very next call bell was for the same thing, only she couldn't turn her light OFF! What is wrong with these people?! Also, if you walked into someone's house and they were sitting down having dinner, would you ask them for a drink or get it yourself, or better still, WAIT TIL THEY WERE FINISHED!!!!? Okay,now my frustrations are out!

Thanks for the memories, Munich!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Just make sure you don't mention the war. apparently it's still a touchy subject.
speaking of touchy subjects, any thoughts on the demise of bobby 'out like' flynn? some may say he was too good for the show, but I think the show was too good for him. only time will tell.