Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Day 1 - Wednesday

After a LOT of phaphing around, the big day finally arrived last Wednesday when my Dad arrived in Dubai for a visit, along with my sister Emily and brother Beetle. I was extremely excited and hardly slept the night before and evidently neither had they. After meeting them at around 6am we were whisked back to 306 UP Tower where a lazy day of swimming, movies, laptop and Nintendo ensued. I rallied the troops for a bit of compulsory sight-seeing, and though weary-eyed and sleep deprived, they all managed to take in the Burj Al Arab and Jumeirah area, as well as gobble down a sensational Iftar buffet on the beachfront at the Sheraton. (Iftar is the time every day during Ramadan when the fast is broken at sunset, usually 6pm.) My Victorian family seemed to suffer in the oppressive Dubai night time heat, but by holidays end they were pros! This, and the next four posts, will hopefully give you an idea of how much fun a five day Dubai holiday can be! PLEASE COME VISIT!!!!


At the Souk Madinat Jumeirah

The mandatory 'by-the-Burj' photograph!

Iftar - TIME TO EAT!


Free camel rides for the kiddies - though mine were too tired...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Re: recommendations - I actually just 'discovered' the scissor sisters myself and recall you telling me that I should listen, I would like them, they are my type of band, etc, etc.
well, what can I say, I should listen, and now I have.
My life partner doesnt share the same passion... but then that's why we're not married now isn't it. isn't it?
oh, and although I had no issues with previous blog, this reincarnation is just sublime.

Anonymous said...

is sublime too strong a word? possibly. the camels take it to the next level.

Anonymous said...

Look Luigi... While I don't want to go bandying about such words as 'sublime' as indeed you have, I will definitely absorb your compliment and agree to agree in this case...

Always,

Mario