Thursday, September 21, 2006

A bit of Free Willy action for all!



I almost called in sick for it as the thought of working 12 straight hours inside an aluminium tube was doing my head in, but the reason within prevailed and I set off two nights ago for a bit of Nagoya lovin'. We were happily surprised to find out at briefing that we would be travelling on the brand new Boeing 777 Ultra Long Range aircraft which is more or less the newest and most advanced aeroplane in the skies (Middle Eastern or otherwise) I have taken some pretty cool photos of the stars which shine at night, the sleeping bunks for crew upstairs, and the new first class suites. On the way home we had only 76 passengers in a 360 seater plane which meant a LONG LONG break upstairs....3 and a half hours all up! Time for a movie AND a two hour nap! The captain let me sit in the cockpit for takeoff and landing on the way home which was simply amazing. I hadn't done that since my first flight back in February, and this time I had my camera, so I tried my best to take some good ones!

Now as for our time in Nagoya... I had sussed out the tourist hotspots before we left and felt I was overdue for a visit to an aquarium - aren't we all? Ask yourself!

So off I went with Aaron (of recent Brisbane trip fame) and Delia from Transylvania (no, not my zany wit - it's true) to visit the dolphins, the penguins, the turtles, the mantarays, the belugas and the ORCA!!! Yes, a real life enormous orca was there! So without further ado, enjoy today's marine themed blog. As there are so many photos and this is taking me forever to do, I'm skipping captions today. It's all fairly self-explanatory....please don't confuse me with the whale.


























A BIT OF TRIPLE-7 EXCITEMENT



Getting ready for take-off out of Nagoya!

Our new first class suites - 19 inch monitors, mini bar, flat bed, food on demand, the list goes on!

It's a small space for a big boy like myself, but it certainly beats sitting in the back row. We have our own tv, pillows, blankets, pyjamas....Very comfy retreat right above the passengers!

Underneath the stars!

View of Dubai....and coming in to land!

No comments: