Sunday, July 30, 2006

I want to a part of it, in old London, London

Just came back from my trip to London Heathrow and it was awesome. For the second time in a month I was chosen to 'dead-head' over which means I get to travel as a passenger and be paid as a crew member, and then work on the way back! It made for a much more enjoyable stay as I was a lot less tired when we arrived.

On the first night I headed out with our purser, Rona from the UK and some of the business and first class boys to a pub (The Pheasant) down the road from the hotel we were staying in. Not a huge night but fun, and very British!

The next day would be my first ever venture into the heart of London, and while I only had about two hours, I managed to see a few things: Piccadilly Circus - Trafalgar Square, Oxford St, Regent St and New Bond St. There are a few pictures below. As I have two more London's in August, including one with my sister Jess, I will hopefully see all the major tourist stuff which I didn't have time for yesterday.

Anyways off to bed, I have to be up in just under 5 hours to do a Muscat turnaround flight - should be pretty easy :)

The English feast; and Rona my purser (the boss)

In Trafalgar Square
Trafalgar Square, heading towards Regent St
Regent St - just like a game of Monopoly...I want to be the shoe!
Loving myself sick on Oxford St

My spiritual home - Ralph Lauren flagship store in New Bond St! 130 quid later...

No comments: