Friday, June 02, 2006

Galley-vanting around

You may have heard I now live in Dubai (or DXB for airport-savvy folk.)

You also may not completely believe me based on the amount of time I have been back home in Brisbane of late.

I didn't take many pictures on this last little jaunt, mainly because I'm a blogging man these days, and I know my core die-hard fans are over seeing Brisbane pictures! I did have a great time once again, blessed with an excellent crew in economy to make the flying experience bearable. Nothing much to report on my passengers, except for the last sector of our journey on Wednesday night, from Singapore to Dubai. Iratxe and I discovered an unconscious woman in the toilet and had to treat her. She was 63 and spoke almost no English, but we managed to bring her back! I mean, HELLO! I have watched All Saints for a good 7 years! The upside of all of this was I got to sit in a passenger seat administering oxygen for four hours til we landed, which meant I didn't have to work! At one point I was so busy chatting away to the other girl sitting next to me that the poor old lady nearly suffocated - the oxygen almost ran out and she still had the mask sealed over her nose and mouth, but no harm done - nothing a few good weeks in intensive care won't fix!

I know how much you all love a good 'Daniel-on-the-aircraft' picture, so I've included a few from this trip.

Enjoy! or as they say in Russian - насладитесь


with Amber from Holland (preparing a beverage/cocktail cart for the dinner service)


Special Meal time in the aft galley (damn all you vegans, children and lactose intolerants!)


My first-class economy team (oh the aviation humour - when will it end?) L-R: Iratxe (Spain), myself, Amber, Nichole (Australia), Sleiman (Lebanon), Tareq (Bahrain) and Min (Korea)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

hahahahahaha personally i prefer scrubs for medical advice
melita:)

Anonymous said...

Jajajajaja
Hey Daniel a friend of mine told me about this...what a great flight;-)

Hope to see you soon guapo

Besos

Iratxe

Anonymous said...

can't have been as great as a flight that i had to sit next to with a drunk person in first class!

many thanks to the air hostesses that looked after me though :)

Rudi xx