Sunday, February 26, 2006

Glasgow, cowboys and tennis.....

Hello everyone!

Just arrived back from Glasgow where I had my second trip as operating cabin crew. The flight was only half full which makes life easier for everyone (mainly us crew - less meals, less drinks, less chance of someone collapsing and needing CPR!) Gave me a chance to get a bit more familiar with all the procedures and locations of emergency equipment etc. It all went very well I have to say and the other cabin crew were very friendly and helpful. When we got to Glasgow it was freezing cold - like Geelong on a really bad day! (about 5 degrees and no sun) Went to see the movie Brokeback Mountain as it has been banned in Dubai and I really wanted to see it...didn't disappoint at all! Then I met up with 2 Aussie girls and 2 Spanish guys and we went to dinner and drinks at a traditional Scottish pub - Bangers and Mash! Pork is also impossible to find in Dubai so sausage and bacon is a very welcome treat when you have a layover in another country!

I lent my camera to my flatmate Franck so I can't upload any pictures til he gets back from Casablanca on Tuesday but will put them up then. I went to the Dubai tennis Championships last week - all the top players were there. Below is a picture of me and my friends here - Chantal (on the left) and former world number 2, Marat Safin :)



My roster for March comes out today so I will post it ASAP so you can know where I am :)

No comments: